6 oz (175g) margarine
6 oz (175g) sugar
5 oz (150g) S. R. flour, sieved
1 oz (25g) cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Cream margarine and sugar.
2. Add flour and eggs alternately, beating mixture in between.
3. Add cocoa and baking powder and beat thoroughly for 3-4 minutes.
4. Put mixture into a greased and floured deep 7″- 8″ tin and bake in a pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for approx. 25 minutes.
5. Cool in tin before turning out on to wire tray.
6. Decorate with chocolate or coffee butter icing or fresh cream sprinkled with nuts.
Moreen Moller, Tarbert, Argyll