Chocolate Orange Cake
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 50 minutes
5 oz/150g S.R. flour, sifted
1 oz/25g cocoa powder, sifted
6 oz/175g caster sugar
6 oz/175g butter, softened
3 oz/75g butter, softened
6 oz/175g icing sugar, sifted
2 tblsp milk
1 oz/25g chocolate orange, melted
1. Beat together eggs, flour, cocoa, caster sugar and butter for 2 minutes or until blended.
2. Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 2 lb/900g loaf tin. Level surface, making a slight well in centre.
3. Bake until spongy to the touch. Turn out on to cooling tray.
1. Beat butter, icing sugar and milk until smooth.
2. Divide into 2 bowls.
3. Melt chocolate and fold into 1 bowl of butter cream.
4. Spoon both butter creams over top of cooled cake and swirl gently with a palette knife.
Note: Use plain chocolate if you do not have chocolate orange.