4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned
1 tblsp cooking oil
1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
1 tblsp tomato purée
1 tblsp soy sauce
3-4 sprigs tarragon (or 2 tsp dried)
4 fl oz single cream
pinch salt and black pepper
1. Fry chicken gently in oil in a flat or large pan, but do not brown.
2. Add wine, purée and soy sauce.
3. Add half the tarragon and season to taste.
4. Simmer gently for 30-40 minutes in a covered pan.
5. Immediately before serving, turn off heat and stir in remaining tarragon and cream.
6. Serve with jacket or salad potatoes, green beans or mange tout.
Isobel McQueer, Tain