Chicken and Bacon Pasta
2 tblsp olive oil
3 large chicken breasts, thinly sliced
4 rashers smoked bacon, chopped
spring onions, sliced
2 florets broccoli, broken into tiny sprigs
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
14 oz/400g can chopped tomatoes
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
2 tblsp tomato paste
1 can flagelot or cannelini beans or chick peas
black pepper, freshly milled
2 heaped tblsp crème fraîche
2 tblsp Feta cheese, cubed
2 tblsp green and black unstuffed olives
12 oz/350g pasta shapes or tagliatelle, cooked
handful fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Add oil to very hot wok or large open pan and stir-fry chicken and bacon for 5 minutes, or until cooked.
2. Add spring onions, broccoli sprigs and garlic and cook for further few minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, beans and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil.
5. Stir in crème fraîche, cubed cheese and olives.
6. Add cooked pasta shapes or tagliatelle.
7. Place in large serving bowl and sprinkle basil over top.
8. Serve with crisp green salad.