6 oz (175g) plain flour
3 oz (75g) soft margarine
1 oz (25g) caster sugar
4 oz (100g) margarine
4 oz (100g) caster sugar
3 oz (75g) semolina
2 oz (50g) cherries
4 oz (100g) marzipan
3 oz (75g) raisins
1. Mix all ingredients together with a fork to form a firm dough.
2. Knead lightly, roll out and use to line an 8″ flan ring.
1. Beat margarine, sugar, semolina and egg together until smooth and creamy.
2. Chop cherries and marzipan and add with raisins to mixture.
3. Spread mixture into prepared pastry case.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 35-40 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar when cold and cut into wedges.
Ruth Macdonald, Greyfriars, Inverness