Cauliflower and Nut Flan
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 30-35 minutes
1 pastry flan case
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 fl oz/125g milk
3 oz/75g walnuts, chopped
4 oz/110g grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1 oz/25g butter
1 cauliflower, chopped
2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1. Make a 9″/23cm shortcrust pastry flan case (see page 342).
2. Beat together eggs, milk, walnuts, cheese, salt and pepper until well blended.
3. Fry onion in butter, until soft, and add to egg mixture.
4. Arrange cauliflower in bottom of flan case and cover with tomatoes.
5. Pour egg mixture over and bake until golden brown.
Bunty Matheson, Nairn