Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
1 large onion
8 rashers bacon, chopped
2 tblsp vegetable oil
2 potatoes, chopped
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1 pt/570ml vegetable stock
½ pt/300ml milk
salt and pepper
1. Fry onion and bacon in oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes and cauliflower, add stock and bring to the boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
4. Liquidise soup and add milk.
5. Reheat gently and season to taste.
Optional: Grill 2 rashers of bacon and crush on top.
Heather Macdonald, Lonemore, Skye