Carrot and Pineapple Muffins
Pre-heat oven to: 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
Time in oven: 25-30 minutes
8 oz/225g plain flour
8 oz/225g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
5 fl oz/150ml cooking oil
8 oz/225g grated raw carrot
4 fl oz/125ml crushed pineapple with juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Grease or line muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Make well in centre of dry ingredients.
4. Combine oil, eggs, carrot, pineapple and vanilla essence. Stir into dry ingredients.
5. Spoon batter to half fill cups.
6. Bake until golden brown.
Annie Matheson, Desable, P.E.I.