1 3/4 lb (800g) bread flour
1/2 oz (15g) sugar
3/4 oz (20g) salt
1 1/2 oz (40g) fat
2 oz (50g) yeast
3/4 pt (425ml) water
12 oz (350g) butter
1. Rub fat into sieved dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix yeast and water and add to dry ingredients to make dough.
3. Prove dough, leaving covered for 1 hour.
4. Chop butter into dough and then divide into 1½ oz pieces.
5. Leave covered, on a baking tray, for 20 minutes.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven 230°C/450°F/Gas 8 for 10-12 minutes.
Sheila Grant, Cumbernauld