7 oz (200g) caster sugar
4 oz (100g) plain chocolate, broken in pieces
4 oz (100g) butter or margarine
7 oz (200g) plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
4 oz (100g) walnuts, chopped
1. Whisk eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
3. Stir into the egg mixture, then add flour, baking powder and nuts.
4. Spread into a greased 11″ x 7″ Swiss roll tin.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 30-35 minutes or until crust has formed.
I. More, Burghead