Pre-heat oven to: 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
Time in oven: 10-12 minutes
6 oz/175g plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
6 tblsp wheatgerm
2 tsp baking powder
3 oz/75g natural bran
2 oz/50g caster sugar
1 oz/25g sunflower seeds
1 tblsp treacle
6 tblsp vegetable oil
2 oz/50g raisins
2 oz/50g sesame seeds
¾ pt/450ml milk
1. Grease a muffin tray or insert paper cases.
2. Put all dry ingredients in large bowl.
3. Add treacle, eggs, oil, raisins, sunflower seeds and milk and lightly mix together. Mixture should be quite soft.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tray and sprinkle tops with sesame seeds.
5. Bake until tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed.
6. Remove from tray while still hot.
7. Serve with butter and honey or jam.
Helen MacRae, Poolewe & Aultbea