1 1/2 lb (675g) sirloin steak
1 tblsp cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 glass red wine
1 bay leaf
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tsp cornflour
1. Fry onion in oil until soft, add garlic and ground pepper.
2. Increase heat and fry steak to seal on both sides.
3. Add wine, bay leaf and red pepper.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes and add salt to taste.
5. Remove steaks and keep warm.
6. Thicken juices with cornflour and pour over steaks.
Brenda MacFarlane, Lochs, Lewis