8 chicken drumsticks or 4 chicken portions
1 tsp salt
2 tblsp soy sauce
2 tblsp vegetable oil
3 drops Tabasco sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1″ fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 pt (300ml) tomato juice
2 tsp cornflour
3 tblsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1. Season chicken with salt.
2. Mix together soy sauce, oil, Tabasco and garlic and coat the chicken.
3. Place in shallow ovenproof dish.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for approx. 50 minutes, basting occasionally.
1. Cook ginger in oil for 2 minutes.
2. Blend a little of the tomato juice with cornflour, then stir in the remainder of juice.
3. Add to pan and bring to boil, stirring until thickening.
4. Stir in red wine vinegar and brown sugar.
5. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.