Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pre-heat oven to: 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
Time in oven: 20-25 minutes
10 oz/275g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 oz/50g plain chocolate chips
3 large well-ripened bananas
3 oz/75g granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 fl oz/50ml milk or water
3 fl oz/90ml corn oil
1. Grease muffin tray or insert paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda then add chocolate chips.
3. In another bowl, mash bananas thoroughly with a potato masher.
4. Add sugar, beaten egg, water and oil. Stir well.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy, but no dry flour should be visible.
6. Spoon into muffin tray. Bake until tops are lightly browned and spring back when pressed.