Apple Orchard Pork Chops
2 tsp oil
1 lb/450g thick-cut, boneless pork chops
salt and freshly ground pepper
14 fl oz/400ml apple juice
2 ½ tblsp whole grain mustard
2 oz/50g dried currants or raisins
2 unpeeled apples, cored and sliced
2 oz/50g sliced spring onions
4 tsp cornflour
2 ½ fl oz/75ml water
1. Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Brown chops, about 2 minutes per side, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine apple juice and mustard in small bowl.
4. When chops have browned on both sides, pour over juice mixture.
5. Cover pan, reduce heat, cook chops for 4 minutes.
6. Add currants or raisins, apples and onions. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Remove chops to serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Reserve cooking liquid.
8. Combine cornflour with water in small bowl and whisk into cooking liquid in pan. Stir until thickened and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
9. Pour sauce and apples over chops and serve.